The Bus Stop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Work n study at the same time

Go down 
+8
Maxpower
Fruit Seller
artease5
bleahz
euny
rapidburn
Admin
kicskate
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kicskate
Regular
Regular
kicskate

Male Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Work n study at the same time Empty
PostSubject: Work n study at the same time   Work n study at the same time Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 2:57 am

It was indeed very taxing, i lost alot of free time...
But at least during working hrs, i can revise my studies... anyone share the same periods?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Work n study at the same time   Work n study at the same time Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 12:50 pm

lolz....
ii aso study & work...bud work wkend nia hahahax....
still can cope wif it so not so bad....
Back to top Go down
https://bus-stop.forumotion.com
rapidburn
Veteran
Veteran
rapidburn

Male Number of posts : 850

PostSubject: Re: Work n study at the same time   Work n study at the same time Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 8:05 pm

i used to work and study.. mus see lar.. my boss was good lar.. work weekends in the office then when nothing to do, can still study abit.. so my studies wun lag behind that much..
Back to top Go down
euny
Ticketing Officer
Ticketing Officer
euny

Female Number of posts : 1759

PostSubject: Re: Work n study at the same time   Work n study at the same time Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 11:23 pm

eeeee.... i cannot study while working.. my IC not that kind...
Back to top Go down
rapidburn
Veteran
Veteran
rapidburn

PostSubject: Re: Work n study at the same time   Work n study at the same time Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 12:12 pm

euny wrote:
eeeee.... i cannot study while working.. my IC not that kind...

no lar, cos mine was a weekday work week de office mah.. weekend is to tend the phoneline and look after office only.. so no phone = no job.. urs is abit diff.. peak period is wkend.. hahaz
Back to top Go down
bleahz
Veteran
Veteran
bleahz

Number of posts : 711

PostSubject: Re: Work n study at the same time   Work n study at the same time Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 12:28 pm

pros and cons...

work and study.. can spend more freely.. less time exchanged

study only.. more free time, no money to spend..
Back to top Go down
rapidburn
Veteran
Veteran
rapidburn

PostSubject: Re: Work n study at the same time   Work n study at the same time Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 1:46 pm

bleahz wrote:
pros and cons...

work and study.. can spend more freely.. less time exchanged

study only.. more free time, no money to spend..

true.. but working+ study is oso gd.. i cant concentrate and study on and on for hours.. the working part sorta gifs me a "break" in between my readings.
Back to top Go down
artease5
Trainee
Trainee
artease5

Male Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Work n study at the same time   Work n study at the same time Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 9:25 pm

Work n study at the same time,i think it had becoming more common.
mainly due to the enviroment we're in.
i experience studying n working throughout my later stage of studies.
i pretty enjoy the process of earning my own $
Back to top Go down
kicskate
Regular
Regular
kicskate

Male Number of posts : 250

PostSubject: Re: Work n study at the same time   Work n study at the same time Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 5:39 am

No choice, cannot stop having income, must work, cannot waste time, time fully utilise.... If not, students are always the poorest, also can learn independence too, depends on ownself.
Back to top Go down
rapidburn
Veteran
Veteran
rapidburn

PostSubject: Re: Work n study at the same time   Work n study at the same time Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 7:23 am

kicskate wrote:
No choice, cannot stop having income, must work, cannot waste time, time fully utilise.... If not, students are always the poorest, also can learn independence too, depends on ownself.

agreed.

its also gd good experience for students to haf a taste of the working world.
Back to top Go down
Fruit Seller
Trainee
Trainee
Fruit Seller

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Work n study at the same time   Work n study at the same time Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 4:53 pm

I work and studied at the same time. It is great as you can put theory into practice almost immediately. You see, i happen to beat my competition at the market place because i know about market theory(economics), competitive strategy(porter's 5 forces)...lol and lotsa others more. Other fruit sellers in the market now running away! Now I achieve almost monolopy (well, almost - would say a duopoly).... Razz ....kekekeke.

Downside? Sacrifice sleep time. My sleep time is about 3-4, max 5 hours daily. And I had gotten used to it now. Hey, but you get to know the world more. And teh more you know about it, the better you are - its knowledge that you have that stays with you perpetually.

And that is why all the fuss about IP. Intellectual Property...not Internetworking Protocol.
Back to top Go down
rapidburn
Veteran
Veteran
rapidburn

PostSubject: Re: Work n study at the same time   Work n study at the same time Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 8:27 pm

Fruit Seller wrote:
I work and studied at the same time. It is great as you can put theory into practice almost immediately. You see, i happen to beat my competition at the market place because i know about market theory(economics), competitive strategy(porter's 5 forces)...lol and lotsa others more. Other fruit sellers in the market now running away! Now I achieve almost monolopy (well, almost - would say a duopoly).... Razz ....kekekeke.

Downside? Sacrifice sleep time. My sleep time is about 3-4, max 5 hours daily. And I had gotten used to it now. Hey, but you get to know the world more. And teh more you know about it, the better you are - its knowledge that you have that stays with you perpetually.

And that is why all the fuss about IP. Intellectual Property...not Internetworking Protocol.

PRO fruitseller Smile

anywayz, when i said i work, i meant i was doing a non-related part time job.. but urs is kinda extreme.. anyway wat do u study? business? or IT?

for ur own gd, slp more.. eats into ur health de...
Back to top Go down
Maxpower
Regular
Regular
Maxpower

Male Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: Work n study at the same time   Work n study at the same time Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 9:39 pm

i did some part time work..

work life pretty slack in oz..
work 3 days and the pay enuff to pay rent + travel...

but i think u only work if u need the $$$..other than that..enjoy ur youth!!!

cheers!
Back to top Go down
xIaOyA-
xIaOyA-

Female Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2007-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Work n study at the same time   Work n study at the same time Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 1:21 pm

i started working part time while schooling full time in secondary school days; all for the sake of money. luckily me, it didnt really affect my studies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendster.com/lesbitch
Burnt_Toast
Regular
Regular
Burnt_Toast

Male Number of posts : 138

PostSubject: Re: Work n study at the same time   Work n study at the same time Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 4:50 pm

I used to do that in my secondary school days, ended up dropping out from school xD
Back to top Go down
euny
Ticketing Officer
Ticketing Officer
euny

PostSubject: Re: Work n study at the same time   Work n study at the same time Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 5:03 pm

i started working ever since the A levels exams ended last year..

means i entered the workforce on December 28 2006.

the day i entered hell.

and i know some pple who dun have any work experience at all and they're around my age.. rich pple. veri rich.
Back to top Go down
Wisely
Regular
Regular
Wisely

Male Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2007-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Work n study at the same time   Work n study at the same time Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 5:32 pm

Working full time.. and my studies starting in 2 week's time... with my working hours.. it sure is going to be extra taxing for me man...

but what has to be done has to be done...
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisely-de-soul.blogspot.com
euny
Ticketing Officer
Ticketing Officer
euny

PostSubject: Re: Work n study at the same time   Work n study at the same time Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 6:16 pm

wisely, i wish you good luck.
Back to top Go down
rapidburn
Veteran
Veteran
rapidburn

PostSubject: Re: Work n study at the same time   Work n study at the same time Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 9:18 pm

euny is A lvls de ah? lol... smart gal.. i cud oni go poly -.-" didnt wan to take language anymore..
Back to top Go down
Fruit Seller
Trainee
Trainee
Fruit Seller

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Work n study at the same time   Work n study at the same time Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 12:04 am

rapidburn wrote:
Fruit Seller wrote:

PRO fruitseller Smile

anywayz, when i said i work, i meant i was doing a non-related part time job.. but urs is kinda extreme.. anyway wat do u study? business? or IT?

for ur own gd, slp more.. eats into ur health de...

hehe. Those were my master's days. Master in hawkering, fishmongering. Wink
Study and work at the same time for 2 years. In fact, I enjoyed every bit of it - probably the reason that drives me - Cool
Back to top Go down
RosesAreRed
Regular
Regular
RosesAreRed

Female Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2007-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Work n study at the same time   Work n study at the same time Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 12:45 pm

i wrk two jobs and study part time.. and i play really really hard too..

tired is tired. but still able to cope... gambatte!
Back to top Go down
http://jialin-loves-red.blogspot.com
rapidburn
Veteran
Veteran
rapidburn

PostSubject: Re: Work n study at the same time   Work n study at the same time Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 11:14 pm

wah! red so PRO... study wat?
Back to top Go down
euny
Ticketing Officer
Ticketing Officer
euny

PostSubject: Re: Work n study at the same time   Work n study at the same time Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 11:34 pm

red!! jia you!! i work one job during skool hols and i wanna vomit blood oredi~
Back to top Go down
RosesAreRed
Regular
Regular
RosesAreRed

Female Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2007-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Work n study at the same time   Work n study at the same time Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 3:13 pm

to rapid : studying communication and media management (bachelor of arts)

to euny : i think i shld go pub less often. =( it's making me health die away slowly. lolx..
Back to top Go down
http://jialin-loves-red.blogspot.com
euny
Ticketing Officer
Ticketing Officer
euny

PostSubject: Re: Work n study at the same time   Work n study at the same time Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 3:34 pm

haha, work at a pub la!

my fren is currently in skool and holds 2 jobs oso~ she gives home tuition and works at a pub in boat quay.. but she's been neglecting her studies real bad~~

red, got study or not??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Work n study at the same time   Work n study at the same time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Work n study at the same time
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next