The Bus Stop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

First day of work jitters?

Go down 
+5
beachbozs
Merre
kicskate
euny
ColdRain
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ColdRain
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2007-11-22

First day of work jitters? Empty
PostSubject: First day of work jitters?   First day of work jitters? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 10:25 am

You have just graduated, today officially marks the point in life where you jump in, or get thrown in the deep end. welcome to the work force.

How is your first day at work? don't know anyone? have no friends? it's 12 30 PM and nobody invited you to have lunch with them?

Everything is so unfamiliar, your job does not relate to the coursetha you have graduated in, you have to start from scratch and you can't seem to register with different voices and the lights are so bright and the air-con is way too cold, it's making you feel dizzy.

come discuss your first day at work. heh.
Back to top Go down
euny
Ticketing Officer
Ticketing Officer
euny

Female Number of posts : 1759
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: First day of work jitters?   First day of work jitters? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 7:59 pm

i forgot.
Back to top Go down
kicskate
Regular
Regular
kicskate

Male Number of posts : 250

PostSubject: Re: First day of work jitters?   First day of work jitters? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 8:18 pm

I am actually more than happy, finally have income and the job scope is what i am interested in.... Never bother about the rest...
Back to top Go down
Merre
Regular
Regular
Merre

Female Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2007-11-27

PostSubject: Re: First day of work jitters?   First day of work jitters? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 8:45 pm

My first day of work was good. Although they introduced a lot of people to me and then I can't remember everyone's name so felt a bit bad when I call people by the wrong name. Also had to learn a bunch of stuff but my colleagues were really friendly and helpful so it was good. Smile The only sucky thing was travelling to and fro to work =O
Back to top Go down
ColdRain
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: First day of work jitters?   First day of work jitters? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 10:30 pm

my work place is only a couple of stops from my home haha.

job's okay, my company is kinda a little global village, lotsa foreigners, lotsa different accents, takes a little getting used to.
Back to top Go down
kicskate
Regular
Regular
kicskate

PostSubject: Re: First day of work jitters?   First day of work jitters? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 10:41 pm

I think just learn whatever you can in the first day.... eat alone for the beginning period, once when you all are closer then start to eat together....
Back to top Go down
beachbozs
beachbozs

Male Number of posts : 855

PostSubject: Re: First day of work jitters?   First day of work jitters? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 9:08 am

My first day of work not bad as back to old company after my NS same people same boss
so not that bad just that need to get use to the system.

Only thing is a few new faces that all.
Back to top Go down
furukawa
Regular
Regular
furukawa

Male Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2007-12-24

PostSubject: Re: First day of work jitters?   First day of work jitters? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 11:07 am

My first day of work was bad...I had to examine many smelly vaginas and didn't strike lottery at all.. BTW, old women's vaginal looks like beancurd skin, just not yummy.
Back to top Go down
ColdRain
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: First day of work jitters?   First day of work jitters? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 11:15 am

i'm sorry to hear.
Back to top Go down
Merre
Regular
Regular
Merre

PostSubject: Re: First day of work jitters?   First day of work jitters? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 2:01 pm

furukawa wrote:
My first day of work was bad...I had to examine many smelly vaginas and didn't strike lottery at all.. BTW, old women's vaginal looks like beancurd skin, just not yummy.

What the hell?
Back to top Go down
furukawa
Regular
Regular
furukawa

PostSubject: Re: First day of work jitters?   First day of work jitters? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 2:08 pm

Merre wrote:
furukawa wrote:

What the hell?
Yeah...Im a gynecologist. Sad
Back to top Go down
Merre
Regular
Regular
Merre

PostSubject: Re: First day of work jitters?   First day of work jitters? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 2:11 pm

furukawa wrote:
Merre wrote:
furukawa wrote:

What the hell?

What a shitty job....z.z but i guess doctors get paid well..
Back to top Go down
furukawa
Regular
Regular
furukawa

PostSubject: Re: First day of work jitters?   First day of work jitters? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 2:20 pm

Merre wrote:
furukawa wrote:
Merre wrote:
furukawa wrote:

What the hell?

What a shitty job....z.z but i guess doctors get paid well..
I'm just a junior, hence my pay isn't "fantastic".
Back to top Go down
funniegal
Veteran
Veteran
funniegal

Female Number of posts : 1174

PostSubject: Re: First day of work jitters?   First day of work jitters? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 7:39 pm

furukawa wrote:
Merre wrote:
furukawa wrote:

What the hell?

BS!!! BTW, u owe me the namecard u were supposed to give me!
Back to top Go down
funniegal
Veteran
Veteran
funniegal

Female Number of posts : 1174

PostSubject: Re: First day of work jitters?   First day of work jitters? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 7:42 pm

My first day of work..not in this present office but in another one..hmm, i was nervous but I had a colleague who joined that same day so I didn't feel all that lonely n it was a small music company so going into the office n listening to the music blast wasn't so bad.

It was just the 2 of us in the team reporting to an ang moh lady n she was cool.

I didnt like the area though.

Oh! I got to bring home some tee shirts n souvenirs on my first day of work.

But ppl looked at me funny when I left the office at 5.30pm which was the official end of work time..WTH!!
Back to top Go down
Merre
Regular
Regular
Merre

PostSubject: Re: First day of work jitters?   First day of work jitters? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 9:26 pm

funniegal wrote:
My first day of work..not in this present office but in another one..hmm, i was nervous but I had a colleague who joined that same day so I didn't feel all that lonely n it was a small music company so going into the office n listening to the music blast wasn't so bad.

It was just the 2 of us in the team reporting to an ang moh lady n she was cool.

But ppl looked at me funny when I left the office at 5.30pm which was the official end of work time..WTH!!

I agree......I think if you have to stay back when you are new...it's meaningless. I mean seriously..first day of work who really expects you to do any serious work? I will only stay back if I need to hand in stuff by TODAY, but I hate people who stay back just to look hardworking.
Back to top Go down
kicskate
Regular
Regular
kicskate

PostSubject: Re: First day of work jitters?   First day of work jitters? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 10:33 pm

My job is shift work, so everytime I leave on the DOT. Unless something crops up...
Back to top Go down
furukawa
Regular
Regular
furukawa

PostSubject: Re: First day of work jitters?   First day of work jitters? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 10:22 am

funniegal wrote:
furukawa wrote:
Merre wrote:
furukawa wrote:

What the hell?

BS!!! BTW, u owe me the namecard u were supposed to give me!
Yes, I still remember! When??
Back to top Go down
beachbozs
beachbozs

Male Number of posts : 855

PostSubject: Re: First day of work jitters?   First day of work jitters? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 10:40 am

funniegal wrote:

Talk of souvenirs. i remenber when i start working in my present company was 1995
and it happen they just shift to new building, remenber the time when opening ceremony got free souvenirs which we take as well.
Back to top Go down
Fruit Seller
Trainee
Trainee
Fruit Seller

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: First day of work jitters?   First day of work jitters? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 1:26 pm

No jitters for me. Ready to conquer the world and already calculating the bonus for the end of the year if I do my job well. Oogling at the Brazilian babes as my first assignment was an oil company off Sao Paolo. Cool
Back to top Go down
LestatWQ
Veteran
Veteran
LestatWQ

Male Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: First day of work jitters?   First day of work jitters? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 4:09 am

Oh on, no problems at all.

Just complains from my colleagues that I suck... Wow.. I have no experience at all.. but I kept improving till I was terminated on 20th January 2008.. Apparently, I was late for 30 minutes.. But I did inform my in-charge that I was going to be late.. Never did learn cashier.. The only thing i excelled at was when I got sent to the warehouse three days in a row, I finished lots of boxes and well, got good comments from the warehouse staff... So,yeah..

*Cough*

So, the staff taught me things.. Serving customers.. Taking their shit.. Met the worst customers, ever. The designs of the tee shirts suck. Not my fault the sales sucked, blame the crappy designs. Met new people of course, a few ladies here and there, but well, when your colleague stabs you in the back, it's not funny.

Overall, it sucked.

I WORK FOR NO ONE!!
Back to top Go down
LestatWQ
Veteran
Veteran
LestatWQ

Male Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: First day of work jitters?   First day of work jitters? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 4:42 am

Actually, I design female Microkinis, lingeries, corsets and other women's fantasy wear.

It was jittery at first, with gorgeous women surrounding you while you design a piece but still you'll get used to it, and you'll damn well enjoy your job.

Bad part is that I might die of serve brain and eye damage.

Okay, it was cold.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First day of work jitters?   First day of work jitters? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First day of work jitters?
Page 1 of 1