The Bus Stop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

are you willing to....

Go down 
+11
kinberuri
小燕
Prince Valiant
MXN
Maxpower
bleahz
kicskate
rapidburn
K3nn3th
funniegal
euny
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

to be or not to be......a huang lian po/huang lian gong?
yes
are you willing to.... Vote_lcap27%are you willing to.... Vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
no
are you willing to.... Vote_lcap73%are you willing to.... Vote_rcap
 73% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
euny
Ticketing Officer
Ticketing Officer
euny

Female Number of posts : 1759
Registration date : 2007-11-21

are you willing to.... Empty
PostSubject: are you willing to....   are you willing to.... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 8:33 pm

hey peeps!

inspired by kic's thread regarding wad you peeps are working as,
can i ask if the gals out there are willing to be your future/current hubbies' huang lian po?

*translation: huang lian po = housewife*

wad abt the guys? are you willing to be a huang lian gong aka househusband for any reason?
Back to top Go down
euny
Ticketing Officer
Ticketing Officer
euny

PostSubject: Re: are you willing to....   are you willing to.... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 8:37 pm

woops. i posted the topic at the wrong place~ minnie!! juzzz!! help!! pls move this thing to a suitable place!!

thanks~
Back to top Go down
funniegal
Veteran
Veteran
funniegal

Female Number of posts : 1174

PostSubject: Re: are you willing to....   are you willing to.... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 9:31 pm

It really depends on the situation. If I have kids n I want to be there for them, I might consider being a housewife. Although I sometimes talk abt being a taitai, in reality, I would want to continue working.

1) contribute to the family finances esp with the higher cost of living
2) for my sanity. being at home all day has its own stress n sometimes u need to be out n doing something else to keep u sane...no offence to all the housewives who r really strong women
Back to top Go down
euny
Ticketing Officer
Ticketing Officer
euny

PostSubject: Re: are you willing to....   are you willing to.... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 12:03 am

funnie mei, i agree with your points.. but i find cooking for my hubby such a wonderful thing to do... but i oso like to fill my time with work that can bring money into our wallets~

maybe i can get my future hubby to pay me to be his housewife, excluding the phone bills, the electricity bills, etc.
Back to top Go down
K3nn3th
Regular
Regular
K3nn3th

Male Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: are you willing to....   are you willing to.... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 1:09 am

its depends of that person. like my mom, use to be hosuewife when we are still small. after we are grow up, she kind of lonely at home. so she went to find part-time jobs.
Back to top Go down
rapidburn
Veteran
Veteran
rapidburn

Male Number of posts : 850

PostSubject: Re: are you willing to....   are you willing to.... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 10:21 am

euny wrote:
hey peeps!

inspired by kic's thread regarding wad you peeps are working as,
can i ask if the gals out there are willing to be your future/current hubbies' huang lian po?

*translation: huang lian po = housewife*

wad abt the guys? are you willing to be a huang lian gong aka househusband for any reason?

huang lian po is nt ="housewife" it means a badly dressed, lost-touch-wif-community household woman..

over my dead body if u wan me to stay at hm to do housework.. bored to death -.-" dun expect my future wife to do tat either.
Back to top Go down
funniegal
Veteran
Veteran
funniegal

PostSubject: Re: are you willing to....   are you willing to.... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 1:34 pm

wah!! words of a young man!!
Back to top Go down
kicskate
Regular
Regular
kicskate

Male Number of posts : 250

PostSubject: Re: are you willing to....   are you willing to.... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 8:46 pm

I not willing to be, i want to earn $$$ and carve out something from my career, jobless make me useless... Even no jobs, also will find p/t just to work.
Back to top Go down
rapidburn
Veteran
Veteran
rapidburn

PostSubject: Re: are you willing to....   are you willing to.... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 9:16 pm

funniegal wrote:
wah!! words of a young man!!

times haf changed, my dear fun jie.. no longer do we stay at home to watch e household.. somemore standard of living getting higher, so nid more money mahz..
Back to top Go down
euny
Ticketing Officer
Ticketing Officer
euny

PostSubject: Re: are you willing to....   are you willing to.... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 10:06 pm

i....i...........is tai tai counted as huang lian po?

i want to be a working tai tai~
Back to top Go down
rapidburn
Veteran
Veteran
rapidburn

PostSubject: Re: are you willing to....   are you willing to.... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 7:21 am

erm.. if ya working... then u nt huang liang po..

tai tai not huang lian wat... is so glam de..
Back to top Go down
bleahz
Veteran
Veteran
bleahz

Number of posts : 711

PostSubject: Re: are you willing to....   are you willing to.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 4:09 am

it depends on the situation..

mostly housewives.. the mother-in-law would be unhappy if the daughter-in-law goes shopping cos she is shopping using her husband's money whereas if u work, they wun really say. lol.

money is power.. at times it let's u have a say in the family too.

case by case basis. =)
Back to top Go down
euny
Ticketing Officer
Ticketing Officer
euny

PostSubject: Re: are you willing to....   are you willing to.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 12:51 pm

hai, i dun think i can be huang lian po~ my bf told me to go and be a career woman~
Back to top Go down
bleahz
Veteran
Veteran
bleahz

Number of posts : 711

PostSubject: Re: are you willing to....   are you willing to.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 3:25 pm

ehh.. im in the making to be a huang lian tai tai.. =\

know nth but only go pasar shopping and nagging
Back to top Go down
Maxpower
Regular
Regular
Maxpower

Male Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: are you willing to....   are you willing to.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 8:29 pm

after a whille not doing anything is zzzzz trust me.. been there done that..

but i think if u take pride in ur house.. hosuework and be really rewarding..and if u have a garden and u love gardening, much more so!

plus tai-tais also do stuff.. like social work (i hope!) my aunt is a tai tai or socialite !
they do alot of charitable work in btwn travelling and buying gucci,prada chanel.

its nice to see that sort of balance..

cheers!
Back to top Go down
funniegal
Veteran
Veteran
funniegal

PostSubject: Re: are you willing to....   are you willing to.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 1:03 am

Maxpower wrote:
after a whille not doing anything is zzzzz trust me.. been there done that..

but i think if u take pride in ur house.. hosuework and be really rewarding..and if u have a garden and u love gardening, much more so!

plus tai-tais also do stuff.. like social work (i hope!) my aunt is a tai tai or socialite !
they do alot of charitable work in btwn travelling and buying gucci,prada chanel.

its nice to see that sort of balance..

cheers!

No offence to ur aunt but most socialites want to get more publicity n doing charity work is one way. I'm sure not all r like that but most r.

BTW, u do housework???
Back to top Go down
euny
Ticketing Officer
Ticketing Officer
euny

PostSubject: Re: are you willing to....   are you willing to.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 10:48 am

bleahz wrote:
ehh.. im in the making to be a huang lian tai tai.. =\

know nth but only go pasar shopping and nagging

i like that term!~

you know the character that kym ng plays in "hdb tai tai"?
i'll never be a tai tai if that's wad a tai tai do...

i need to do some work to spend my time purposefully as well..

but i dun mind cooking for my hubby~
Back to top Go down
MXN
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: are you willing to....   are you willing to.... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 7:38 am

I don't mind doing housework or shopping for groceries. But I mind what my wife would be doing. Going to work is a tedious and stressful thing. I'd rather i bear this burden than to let her bear it.

There will come a time when women decide to settle down. Most of their buddies would also settle down or be too busy to go out and all that. If the wife doesn't like to stay at home all day, she is always free to go out.
Back to top Go down
Prince Valiant
Regular
Regular
Prince Valiant

Male Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2007-11-23

PostSubject: Re: are you willing to....   are you willing to.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 10:55 pm

Depend on situation definately. i PREFER TO WORK AND SUPPORT MY WIFE. sHE CAN DECIDE TO WORK OR STAY HOME TO TEACH THE KIDS, BUT DEFINATELY i CANNOT ACCEPT A SLACKING WIFE!

Ssorry cap lock got prob... anyway for my side, if the situation requires me to be the house husband, I will do it also, I think the kids are important and they deserve healthy cares and educations by their parents.. Anyway this are two persons issue, which should be discuss openly. Failed to do this meaning the marriage did not reach the point of healthiness. Or not matured at all.
Back to top Go down
euny
Ticketing Officer
Ticketing Officer
euny

PostSubject: Re: are you willing to....   are you willing to.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 10:59 pm

wah..... valiant just digged out my thread~
Back to top Go down
Prince Valiant
Regular
Regular
Prince Valiant

PostSubject: Re: are you willing to....   are you willing to.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 11:00 pm

So my conclusion is I am flexible for all the situation but if got children, then children come first. Weather we work together or one stay home, even i am the one, it doesn't matter, as long as we compensate.

And there are also home jobs available. I tend to create some home jobs when my business kicks in. This can be good for house wifves or husband who can't leave home due to certain restraining.
Back to top Go down
euny
Ticketing Officer
Ticketing Officer
euny

PostSubject: Re: are you willing to....   are you willing to.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 11:01 pm

wad business valiant doing?
Back to top Go down
Prince Valiant
Regular
Regular
Prince Valiant

PostSubject: Re: are you willing to....   are you willing to.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 11:08 pm

Oh and a~~~ I don't like huang lian po lol, Won't let my wife become one, I will definately encourage her to keep in touch with the surrounding and keep herself fit and plesant. Its not I mind looks but its the complexion that mustn't be lazy on. She doesn't need to be pretty or attractive, but she must keep herself healthy. And of cos a certain amount of $$ beside the allowance will be given for her usage on complexion, weather its taking sports activities, shop or whichever....
Back to top Go down
Prince Valiant
Regular
Regular
Prince Valiant

PostSubject: Re: are you willing to....   are you willing to.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 11:09 pm

euny wrote:
wad business valiant doing?

none of your business:P:P:P:P:P
Back to top Go down
小燕
Newly-board
Newly-board
小燕

Female Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: are you willing to....   are you willing to.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 8:23 pm

hihi valiant i knock in

agree your opinon.
even married i also wish to have a little my own life & continue working or set up smal biz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: are you willing to....   are you willing to.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

are you willing to....
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Bus Stop :: General :: Businesses-
Jump to: