The Bus Stop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who read english comics?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ColdRain
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Who read english comics? Empty
PostSubject: Who read english comics?   Who read english comics? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 11:36 am

those titles from DC image or marvel, whatever.

I kinda wanna get my hands on some. The art is nice

what titles do you read? where do they sell? roughly how much? i don't want to buy and collect, i jsut want to read. do they have online versions like those fansubs manga?

I wanna read those with nice pictures.
Back to top Go down
Burnt_Toast
Regular
Regular
Burnt_Toast

Male Number of posts : 138

PostSubject: Re: Who read english comics?   Who read english comics? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 8:43 pm

I real Graphic Novels. 1 good place to check it out is Book Kinokuniya Ngee Ann City. The price is a bit expensive($14~$30+, normal price you can get online is $10~ $20+) but you can ask the cashier to open the wrapping for you, just tell her you wanna inspect if there's any flaws in the comic Razz . Another place is a small shop in Popular located just 1 floor above Orchard MRT Station(take the escalator to the toilet and you'll see it). Another place is at Bras Basar Complex i think 3rd floor. If you just wanna read them without spending money, try Toa Payoh Library, 3rd Floor got a whole shelf full of graphic novels. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ColdRain
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: Who read english comics?   Who read english comics? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 10:27 pm

that is informative !! yay gonna go get some nice comics!
Back to top Go down
Burnt_Toast
Regular
Regular
Burnt_Toast

PostSubject: Re: Who read english comics?   Who read english comics? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 12:03 am

I downloading some eComics, don't know good or not.. if good, i send you the link.
Back to top Go down
ColdRain
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: Who read english comics?   Who read english comics? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 1:32 am

please do!!! =D
Back to top Go down
Burnt_Toast
Regular
Regular
Burnt_Toast

PostSubject: Re: Who read english comics?   Who read english comics? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 8:12 pm

piratebay.org
search under "others" for comics
Back to top Go down
Merre
Regular
Regular
Merre

Female Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2007-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Who read english comics?   Who read english comics? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 10:05 pm

Exactly what kind of comics are you looking for? I actually have a rather large collection....but yeah, check the library first, if you're looking for something specific, I might have...although only certain titles.
Back to top Go down
kicskate
Regular
Regular
kicskate

Male Number of posts : 250

PostSubject: Re: Who read english comics?   Who read english comics? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 12:25 pm

The first time I read Archie, I love it very much....Library doen't seems to have it.
Back to top Go down
Burnt_Toast
Regular
Regular
Burnt_Toast

PostSubject: Re: Who read english comics?   Who read english comics? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 4:52 pm

about to download finish those comics le.. i send u when finish xD you need a program to read .cbr files.
Back to top Go down
Goblin
Regular
Regular
Goblin

Male Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2007-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Who read english comics?   Who read english comics? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 10:04 am

ColdRain wrote:
those titles from DC image or marvel, whatever.

I kinda wanna get my hands on some. The art is nice

what titles do you read? where do they sell? roughly how much? i don't want to buy and collect, i jsut want to read. do they have online versions like those fansubs manga?

I wanna read those with nice pictures.

High5!! I read most of them; Legion, essential, green lantern, spiderman, x men, flight, sandman, fantastic 4.

you just want to read right? I know one place you can read for free for hours and they got 2 tall shelves for DC, Marvel, Vertigo comics. go to Bukit merah library, just beside bkt merah town center.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Merre
Regular
Regular
Merre

PostSubject: Re: Who read english comics?   Who read english comics? Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 9:43 am

Oh...those...i heard that DC has revamped 2-3 yrs back and now have very good series + they have Jim Lee drawing for them now (Batman) I think....so...good artwork too!! Read Kingdom Come from DC...good series...

Marvel has kind of fallen behind but still my favourite la.....

You can buy comics from comic shops for around 4-5 bucks...but if you want to get the compilation series...would prob cost about $29-39 per book depending on title. I'm intending to buy some Ultimate X-Men compilation soon as I can get myself to a comic shop! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Burnt_Toast
Regular
Regular
Burnt_Toast

PostSubject: Re: Who read english comics?   Who read english comics? Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 1:46 pm

*drag Merre by the leg to a comic shop* xD

I've the complete collection of Sandman, Book of Magic, Black Orchid, Death and Lucifer. Who want? I send over by MSN. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Merre
Regular
Regular
Merre

PostSubject: Re: Who read english comics?   Who read english comics? Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:29 pm

Online Sandman? Wow....Send to me? Wait wait...is it scanned copy?
Back to top Go down
Goblin
Regular
Regular
Goblin

PostSubject: Re: Who read english comics?   Who read english comics? Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 9:29 am

me me me me!!! Roti bakar!! I want!

hey try the "Vertigo" series as well. its real twisted!!
Back to top Go down
Burnt_Toast
Regular
Regular
Burnt_Toast

PostSubject: Re: Who read english comics?   Who read english comics? Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 2:22 pm

No, it's not a scanned copy. It's a downloaded copy. Very Happy my msn is burnt_toast@live.com.sg

I'll check out the Vertigo series when I've time. Smile thanks
Back to top Go down
Goblin
Regular
Regular
Goblin

PostSubject: Re: Who read english comics?   Who read english comics? Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 3:14 am

WoOT! ^o^
Back to top Go down
Merre
Regular
Regular
Merre

PostSubject: Re: Who read english comics?   Who read english comics? Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 9:39 am

Burnt_Toast wrote:
No, it's not a scanned copy. It's a downloaded copy. Very Happy my msn is burnt_toast@live.com.sg

I'll check out the Vertigo series when I've time. Smile thanks

You got my msn right? Anyway, is downloaded copy good quality? I've always been iffy about reading non-physical copies of comics. You can't really appreciate the colour details and artwork properly. And what about the feel of the thing? You know...even though I can't read Japanese..I still bought a Naruto manga just to touch it and stare at the art. Sasuke...<3
Back to top Go down
Burnt_Toast
Regular
Regular
Burnt_Toast

PostSubject: Re: Who read english comics?   Who read english comics? Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 2:25 pm

I only use them for reading purposes, I've the original graphic novels at home, but seldom take it out of the packing. Razz

the files are packed in .cbr so you got to download a .cbr reader to open it. Razz

you can download the reader here, http://comical.sourceforge.net/

O I can send it to you as well. xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who read english comics?   Who read english comics? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who read english comics?
Page 1 of 1