The Bus Stop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

kids growing up faster now..

Go down 
+4
ColdRain
funniegal
beachbozs
bleahz
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bleahz
Veteran
Veteran
bleahz

Number of posts : 711
Registration date : 2007-11-22

kids growing up faster now.. Empty
PostSubject: kids growing up faster now..   kids growing up faster now.. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 3:24 am

ok.. im not being old fashioned..

with relavance to this thread,
https://bus-stop.forumotion.com/chit-chat-f3/do-u-think-that-kids-should-dress-their-age-t187.htm#1820

do u all think that the media caused all this?

kids being smarter..

so many premarital sex going on and pregnancy cases going up in singapore?
BGR at an early stage?
kids know more about tv stars instead of watching barney and friends or sesame street.. i mean pri sch kids?
putting make-up and going on diets?

all are at a very young age..

the world seems to be more corrupted nowadays.. its scary =\
Back to top Go down
beachbozs
beachbozs

Male Number of posts : 855

PostSubject: Re: kids growing up faster now..   kids growing up faster now.. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 8:59 am

now a days kids is being indulge with tv, computer and radio etc etc.
therefore they grow up faster n smarter.
Back to top Go down
funniegal
Veteran
Veteran
funniegal

Female Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: kids growing up faster now..   kids growing up faster now.. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 2:16 pm

Well, its influence in many aspects. What they watch on TV, in the news, their peers, their parents, environment..all play a part in how they dress, react, act..

But their main influence would be friends. I see twins n even triplets walking around Orchard Road.

I do believe kids should dress their age unless certain situations call for something else like maybe working part-time.

Sometimes the clothes u wear determine the way u will act.
Back to top Go down
ColdRain
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: kids growing up faster now..   kids growing up faster now.. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 4:34 pm

bleahz wrote:

https://bus-stop.forumotion.com/chit-chat-f3/do-u-think-that-kids-should-dress-their-age-t187.htm#1820

kids being smarter..

BGR at an early stage?
kids know more about tv stars instead of watching barney and friends or sesame street.. i mean pri sch kids?

Hmm

kids are still kids. no doubt there should be a small handful of more mature ones, but i don't really think it has got to do with any of the above stated incidents.

for example, what you said about premarital sex, knowing more tv stars, putting make-up are hardly acts of being grown up. IMO more of acts of immaturity.

Kids in essence are still just kids, their mind has not yet fully developed adult logical reasoning and rationality and thus there is a reason for kids to behave in certain ways. Due to negative influences from the environment it could lead to this kids wanting to change and adopt different ideas and beliefs... without having the ability to grasp the true meanings of such behaviours. thus, chipping at the proverbial ice-berg and sinking the ship. This leads to the infamous syndrome of kids wanting to grow up, therefore imitating traits from famous "grown up" child celebs. Imitating from people around them are still one of childrens' signature way of learning about the society.

Now talking about influence from the media, i do lean towards the fact that there have been several media negative influences severely skewering the way kids nowadays perceive as acceptable. think: kidscentral... totally, totally destroying the way conventional kids should be. (I believe recently there was this bum-shaking dancer who won that kids competition... and she was on commercials " strutting" her stuff, heavy makeup, skimpy out fit all all...and she was like in primary sch!!!)
Back to top Go down
rapidburn
Veteran
Veteran
rapidburn

Male Number of posts : 850

PostSubject: Re: kids growing up faster now..   kids growing up faster now.. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 11:25 am

ColdRain wrote:
bleahz wrote:

kids being smarter..

BGR at an early stage?

Hmm

kids are still kids. no doubt there should be a small handful of more mature ones, but i don't really think it has got to do with any of the above stated incidents.

for example, what you said about premarital sex, knowing more tv stars, putting make-up are hardly acts of being grown up. IMO more of acts of immaturity.

Kids in essence are still just kids, their mind has not yet fully developed adult logical reasoning and rationality and thus there is a reason for kids to behave in certain ways. Due to negative influences from the environment it could lead to this kids wanting to change and adopt different ideas and beliefs... without having the ability to grasp the true meanings of such behaviours. thus, chipping at the proverbial ice-berg and sinking the ship. This leads to the infamous syndrome of kids wanting to grow up, therefore imitating traits from famous "grown up" child celebs. Imitating from people around them are still one of childrens' signature way of learning about the society.

Now talking about influence from the media, i do lean towards the fact that there have been several media negative influences severely skewering the way kids nowadays perceive as acceptable. think: kidscentral... totally, totally destroying the way conventional kids should be. (I believe recently there was this bum-shaking dancer who won that kids competition... and she was on commercials " strutting" her stuff, heavy makeup, skimpy out fit all all...and she was like in primary sch!!!)

yea kids nowadays are kinda forced to grow up, wif all e influence frm adults, frens and of cos their own curiosity.. i still rem when i was 10, i didnt noe anything abt birds and bees. now a kid of 8 probably noes more than wat i knew of it when i was 15? wonders of the information availability on the net or a curse for future generations to come?

well, there is nth we can do abt it if kids r starting to lose their innocence at younger ages..
Back to top Go down
MXN
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: kids growing up faster now..   kids growing up faster now.. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 6:00 pm

in the past, the hand phone was a symbol of adulthood. Now, a hand phone is just another toy for the younger generation.

As technology improves, more and more gadgets would be made cheaper and parents would be able to afford to buy them for their kids. With better telecommunication, people would start going out with friends at an earlier age.

It used to be just kids hanging outside their kampongs playing with the mud and marbles. Now the world is bigger. The economy is doing better. The playgrounds and toys get bigger as well.

I don't think that kids are growing up faster. I just think that technology is developing at a faster rate.

In terms of sexuality, how fast can our bodies actually develop? I don't think sexual maturity is speeding up. Just that sexual curiosity is going up at a very young age.
Back to top Go down
Merre
Regular
Regular
Merre

Female Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2007-11-27

PostSubject: Re: kids growing up faster now..   kids growing up faster now.. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 2:35 pm

i think i'm not interested in having kids...because if i ever get a kid who got pregnant at the age of 8....she (since I dunno if guys can reproduce at such age) would be SO DEAD!

-Kills the kid-
Back to top Go down
ColdRain
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: kids growing up faster now..   kids growing up faster now.. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 2:39 pm

does the girl produce eggs at 8?
Back to top Go down
Merre
Regular
Regular
Merre

PostSubject: Re: kids growing up faster now..   kids growing up faster now.. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 2:40 pm

Okay...sorry I know I was posting out of point there. IMO, there are lots of reasons and factors that influence children these days. Internet especially is one big factor that is destroying the innocence of children. They can gain any and all types of (wanted or unwanted, useless or useful) information from using the Internet. Also, a lot of the sleazy ways the idols of today's youth, e.g. Britney Speares, Lindsay Lohan, behave these days also influence them. It makes them think that it is okay to behave in a certain way or have sex at a certain age because they are impressionable and since the media keeps featuring the "actions" of these people, then they might construe it to be the correct kind of behavior.
Back to top Go down
ColdRain
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: kids growing up faster now..   kids growing up faster now.. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 2:45 pm

Parents and upbringing still do play a inevitable role.

Also the environmental factors such as the overall standard of the society's moral values.
Back to top Go down
ColdRain
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: kids growing up faster now..   kids growing up faster now.. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 2:46 pm

ColdRain wrote:

Regarding this... it's an honest question. i am clueless.

Please educate me Smile
Back to top Go down
Merre
Regular
Regular
Merre

PostSubject: Re: kids growing up faster now..   kids growing up faster now.. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 2:54 pm

i dunno i guess so because i read in the newspaper this 8 yr old girl got pregnant and gave birth at 9 yrs old...so i guess it's possible.
Back to top Go down
funniegal
Veteran
Veteran
funniegal

PostSubject: Re: kids growing up faster now..   kids growing up faster now.. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 7:09 pm

ColdRain wrote:
ColdRain wrote:

Please educate me Smile

It depends on the individual. some reach puberty earlier while others reach later. It used to be that a girl reaches puberty btw the ages 12 - 14 but nowadays, puberty may start as young as 8 or 9.
Back to top Go down
funniegal
Veteran
Veteran
funniegal

PostSubject: Re: kids growing up faster now..   kids growing up faster now.. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 7:19 pm

As most of you have mentioned, many things influence a child's behaviour:

media
- what they watch on tv
- wanting to look n act like their fav celebrity
- the trends advertised everywhere
- the internet

peer pressure
- encouragement from friends to dress a certain way
- wanting to be popular
- wanting to have friends
- not wanting to look like a loser
- fun to do stuff together

upbringing
- how the parents bring up their child is impt. its fine to let them dress up but its impt to ensure they dont go overboard
- parents working long hrs n not having enough time with their kids allows the kids to spend more time on the internet, with friends, hanging out with older friends who r more 'experienced'

Kids generally r kids and as kids, they look for mentors, for ppl to look up to to help build n shape their lives. Parents r very impt n should be the biggest mentors to help them grow up when the time comes n allow them to remain as kids.
Back to top Go down
bleahz
Veteran
Veteran
bleahz

Number of posts : 711

PostSubject: Re: kids growing up faster now..   kids growing up faster now.. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 3:13 am

funniegal wrote:
ColdRain wrote:
ColdRain wrote:

Please educate me Smile

It depends on the individual. some reach puberty earlier while others reach later. It used to be that a girl reaches puberty btw the ages 12 - 14 but nowadays, puberty may start as young as 8 or 9.

agreed. during my elementary sch times, some girls had their period at 10...

some mature faster and some slower... about 15.. =\\ lol.
Back to top Go down
rapidburn
Veteran
Veteran
rapidburn

Male Number of posts : 850

PostSubject: Re: kids growing up faster now..   kids growing up faster now.. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 9:45 am

bleahz wrote:
funniegal wrote:
ColdRain wrote:
ColdRain wrote:

Please educate me Smile

agreed. during my elementary sch times, some girls had their period at 10...

some mature faster and some slower... about 15.. =\\ lol.

maybe nt 8.. but biologically, puberty shud start at arnd 10-11 i guess... guys start their puberty at 15 tho... so technically speaking, impossible to reproduce at age of 8.. elementary sch?? where r u frm? US? ><"
Back to top Go down
Merre
Regular
Regular
Merre

PostSubject: Re: kids growing up faster now..   kids growing up faster now.. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 12:16 pm

this article was in the straits times leh..the girl got pregnant at 8 and gave birth at 9, i'm assuming her bf was older because i dunno if boys at aged 8 or 9 can reproduce.
Back to top Go down
MXN
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: kids growing up faster now..   kids growing up faster now.. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 12:43 pm

guys start at 15??!! u sure?? i remember breaking my voice at 13
Back to top Go down
euny
Ticketing Officer
Ticketing Officer
euny

Female Number of posts : 1759

PostSubject: Re: kids growing up faster now..   kids growing up faster now.. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 1:35 pm

i got mine at 11.. and i stopped growing vertically since 12. dammit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: kids growing up faster now..   kids growing up faster now.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

kids growing up faster now..
Page 1 of 1