The Bus Stop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Are you a brand conscious person?

Go down 
+12
zhiwei82
johnripper
nInIkOz
joey_vodka
Maxpower
bleahz
funniegal
rapidburn
xIaOyA-
K3nn3th
beachbozs
kicskate
16 posters
AuthorMessage
kicskate
Regular
Regular
kicskate

Male Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Are you a brand conscious person? Empty
PostSubject: Are you a brand conscious person?   Are you a brand conscious person? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 4:18 am

I start to notice branded goods during sec sch times, when people will flaunt their art bags using branded paper bags. Those times, JPG, Junior Gaultier, Sonia Rykiel, Versace, Polo Ralph, etc......
I seen girls spending like 1k or even more on LV, Gucci, etc... Do you think this is necessary? To show off? A status? Or you like them because they are expensive?
I heard that LV wallet those canvas kind is very lasting, so might be it is value of its worth?
Do you ownself have alot of branded goods?
Back to top Go down
beachbozs
beachbozs

Male Number of posts : 855

PostSubject: Re: Are you a brand conscious person?   Are you a brand conscious person? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 9:32 am

the only branded goods i have is ps2 at home. not really into brand as long the thing is nice n suit u
Back to top Go down
K3nn3th
Regular
Regular
K3nn3th

Male Number of posts : 320

PostSubject: Re: Are you a brand conscious person?   Are you a brand conscious person? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 9:56 am

yup im. only branded techs/autos.

Sony/Playstation/Xbox360/Pentium/Nivida/Nissian/Honda/McLaren etc etc
Back to top Go down
xIaOyA-
xIaOyA-

Female Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2007-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Are you a brand conscious person?   Are you a brand conscious person? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 1:13 pm

same as kenneth, i only go for branded goods for gadgets. nothing else. oh ya, im a great fan of giordano.. does that count? hahaa
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendster.com/lesbitch
rapidburn
Veteran
Veteran
rapidburn

Male Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Are you a brand conscious person?   Are you a brand conscious person? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 2:04 pm

brand is a form of quality assurance for me.. at least the company brand allows us to find someone to "complain" to in case of any problems wif the goods......

but i value the quality over "branding".. its doesnt matter to me if the brand has been well-marketed, if the quality is nt up to standard, i wudnt buy it either.. (imo, a certain singaporean "mp3 player" brand do not produce quality audio equipment despite gd branding)

of cos, even if the quality is gd, the product shud be value for money.. so, no extravagant purchases for me...
Back to top Go down
funniegal
Veteran
Veteran
funniegal

Female Number of posts : 1174

PostSubject: Re: Are you a brand conscious person?   Are you a brand conscious person? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 2:10 pm

Not really. I go for things that look nice. Actually the branded bags here arent nice looking at all. I prefer them cheaper yet more stylish looking. When u buy a branded bag, ur paying for the name n not the style.

Hmm..as for clothes, I go for certain brands more cos they fit nicely n they've got nice designs but not becos of the name.

I'd gladly shop at any residential market if I can find good quality n stylish stuff.
Back to top Go down
xIaOyA-
xIaOyA-

PostSubject: Re: Are you a brand conscious person?   Are you a brand conscious person? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 7:51 pm

but sometimes ar.. u have to think of the resale value.. usually Branded goods will have a higher resale value.
Back to top Go down
rapidburn
Veteran
Veteran
rapidburn

PostSubject: Re: Are you a brand conscious person?   Are you a brand conscious person? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 9:00 pm

xIaOyA- wrote:
but sometimes ar.. u have to think of the resale value.. usually Branded goods will have a higher resale value.

i wud like to think of myself as a possesive person who dun gif up on his assets.. so i dun realli sell awy my old stuff.. nt vry comfortable wif someone holding wat used to be mine.. maybe its a "guy thing" bah? nt vry sure abt that oso..
Back to top Go down
bleahz
Veteran
Veteran
bleahz

Number of posts : 711

PostSubject: Re: Are you a brand conscious person?   Are you a brand conscious person? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 3:41 am

i only buy reputable brands for electronics..

ppl are getting brand conscious nowadays.. that makes certain things overrated.. not that exclusive anymore.
Back to top Go down
bleahz
Veteran
Veteran
bleahz

PostSubject: Re: Are you a brand conscious person?   Are you a brand conscious person? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 3:42 am

xIaOyA- wrote:

not really. they do have inflation too.
Back to top Go down
kicskate
Regular
Regular
kicskate

PostSubject: Re: Are you a brand conscious person?   Are you a brand conscious person? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 5:00 am

I bought a Zoo York skateboard, a brand famous for skateboard 3 years ago at around $230.... I sold it recently for $170.....
Let say initially i bought a $120 brandless board, wonder will anyone take a look of mine when i wanted to sell it years later?
Mean you get to use a quality stuff and had potential of selling it if you wanted to sell it years later.
Back to top Go down
xIaOyA-
xIaOyA-

PostSubject: Re: Are you a brand conscious person?   Are you a brand conscious person? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 10:45 am

kicskate wrote:
I bought a Zoo York skateboard, a brand famous for skateboard 3 years ago at around $230.... I sold it recently for $170.....
Let say initially i bought a $120 brandless board, wonder will anyone take a look of mine when i wanted to sell it years later?
Mean you get to use a quality stuff and had potential of selling it if you wanted to sell it years later.

you skate? Suspect

I second the statement you made.
Back to top Go down
bleahz
Veteran
Veteran
bleahz

PostSubject: Re: Are you a brand conscious person?   Are you a brand conscious person? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 11:05 am

maybe he meant something like hidden treasure.

some things may not be branded but they have very good quality except that the brand is too underground?
Back to top Go down
Maxpower
Regular
Regular
Maxpower

Male Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: Are you a brand conscious person?   Are you a brand conscious person? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 8:39 pm

yes.

some condom brands are better than others

cheers!
Back to top Go down
funniegal
Veteran
Veteran
funniegal

Female Number of posts : 1174

PostSubject: Re: Are you a brand conscious person?   Are you a brand conscious person? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 1:38 am

Maxpower wrote:
yes.

some condom brands are better than others

cheers!

DUREX?
Back to top Go down
kicskate
Regular
Regular
kicskate

PostSubject: Re: Are you a brand conscious person?   Are you a brand conscious person? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 4:23 am

xIaOyA- wrote:
kicskate wrote:

you skate? Suspect

I second the statement you made.
Skate for a few months only... Donno any tricks at all No
Back to top Go down
joey_vodka
Trainee
Trainee
joey_vodka

Female Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Are you a brand conscious person?   Are you a brand conscious person? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 11:13 am

i used to be brand consious in my sec sch days. peer pressure bah. all around me using LV, Polo ralph etc .. i still buy the occasional branded goods, but not often now. money is hard to earn!
Back to top Go down
nInIkOz
Spree Moderator
Spree Moderator
nInIkOz

Female Number of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Are you a brand conscious person?   Are you a brand conscious person? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 4:22 pm

hmm me dun go for branded for anything le...as long as i like it, can be use, comfortable using, i can afford etc can le...
Back to top Go down
rapidburn
Veteran
Veteran
rapidburn

PostSubject: Re: Are you a brand conscious person?   Are you a brand conscious person? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 11:12 am

kicskate wrote:

hmm.. another example wud be in the investment of quality branded watch (shall nt name the brand here), the prices of the watch frm an earlier collection may be worth more in the future as collectors will be looking to complete their set. and of cos, antiques r worth more Razz
Back to top Go down
johnripper
Regular
Regular
johnripper

Number of posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Are you a brand conscious person?   Are you a brand conscious person? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 11:23 pm

yeah hell i am into branded stuff only, nothing less than vivid and private !
Back to top Go down
zhiwei82
Regular
Regular
zhiwei82

Male Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Are you a brand conscious person?   Are you a brand conscious person? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 5:14 am

watch that are branded which mean when u are broke can go pawn it loh.haha
Back to top Go down
RosesAreRed
Regular
Regular
RosesAreRed

Female Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2007-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Are you a brand conscious person?   Are you a brand conscious person? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 10:14 am

if talkin abt branded..

i either is buy de dong dong is no brand at all de. or branded lor. (no fakes)

last time still ok abt branded kinda stuff. wont go spend on these.

but since this year started.. starting to quite like...

currently very into Braun Buffel stuffs.. coz quality is really good! and affordable!

My next aim: LV de hp pouch! (when got money den say.. lolx)

but anyway. as long as the goods is nice. who cares abt branded not... =.=
Back to top Go down
http://jialin-loves-red.blogspot.com
LestatWQ
Veteran
Veteran
LestatWQ

Male Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: Are you a brand conscious person?   Are you a brand conscious person? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 8:29 pm

I recommend David and Goliath ( The little losers Collection, I have Mr. Stoner and Mr. Drunk ) $50 per shirt.

Anything else, I don't really care.
Back to top Go down
euny
Ticketing Officer
Ticketing Officer
euny

Female Number of posts : 1759

PostSubject: Re: Are you a brand conscious person?   Are you a brand conscious person? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 9:14 pm

im not brand conscious even though i am conscious that brands such as LV and Guess exists ;]
Back to top Go down
MXN
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Are you a brand conscious person?   Are you a brand conscious person? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 7:28 am

i'm not brand conscious, cuz i don't shop much. mountain turtle hehe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you a brand conscious person?   Are you a brand conscious person? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you a brand conscious person?
Page 1 of 1