The Bus Stop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Off Topic, arghhhh (IMPT)

Go down 
+2
funniegal
kicskate
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kicskate
Regular
Regular
kicskate

Male Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Off Topic, arghhhh (IMPT) Empty
PostSubject: Off Topic, arghhhh (IMPT)   Off Topic, arghhhh (IMPT) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 8:40 pm

Can people don off topic in relevant threads???
Keep it to minimum, when sometimes people want to find some important info, ends up people chatting for a few pages then in the end, find no answer.... Can someone pls keep a lookout?
Back to top Go down
funniegal
Veteran
Veteran
funniegal

Female Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Off Topic, arghhhh (IMPT)   Off Topic, arghhhh (IMPT) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 8:57 pm

yes sir, kics!!
Back to top Go down
liyun
liyun

Female Number of posts : 888

PostSubject: Re: Off Topic, arghhhh (IMPT)   Off Topic, arghhhh (IMPT) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 9:39 am

point taken.. will take note of it...
Back to top Go down
http://www.linliyun.com
funniegal
Veteran
Veteran
funniegal

PostSubject: Re: Off Topic, arghhhh (IMPT)   Off Topic, arghhhh (IMPT) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 10:51 am

kicskate wrote:
Can people don off topic in relevant threads???
Keep it to minimum, when sometimes people want to find some important info, ends up people chatting for a few pages then in the end, find no answer.... Can someone pls keep a lookout?

KICS!!!!!

My dear kics..we will all try to stay within the topic. I know how frustrating it can be when u ask a question or u put something up for discussion n the whole discussion takes a turn somewhere else. But, we all tend to sway sometimes n its normal but we will try to go back into topic.
Back to top Go down
beachbozs
beachbozs

Male Number of posts : 855

PostSubject: Re: Off Topic, arghhhh (IMPT)   Off Topic, arghhhh (IMPT) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 8:40 pm

yesh must stick to topic
Back to top Go down
funniegal
Veteran
Veteran
funniegal

PostSubject: Re: Off Topic, arghhhh (IMPT)   Off Topic, arghhhh (IMPT) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 11:20 pm

ok ok, i think we're spending too much time pouring over this..we know we should but it wont always happen.

Aside from adhering to concerns we should also enjoy ourselves n have fun. its not fun if its too rigid.
Back to top Go down
successA
Trainee
Trainee
successA

Female Number of posts : 84

PostSubject: Re: Off Topic, arghhhh (IMPT)   Off Topic, arghhhh (IMPT) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 11:53 pm

hmm...kics..it sounds a bit obvious...but i'm not sure wether you're also meant people who try to "flirt" anyone or newbies in a thread?
Back to top Go down
kicskate
Regular
Regular
kicskate

PostSubject: Re: Off Topic, arghhhh (IMPT)   Off Topic, arghhhh (IMPT) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 12:34 am

No, i meant off topic only, some threads can chit chat other things can say until funeral when the topic is about wedding for example...
Can off la, but don off until too far away...
When asked travel alone? then u said abit of travel alone n movie alone, this is acceptable la...
But don when asked travel alone, u tell me today wake up so boring, not yet eat....
Got the point?
Back to top Go down
funniegal
Veteran
Veteran
funniegal

PostSubject: Re: Off Topic, arghhhh (IMPT)   Off Topic, arghhhh (IMPT) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 9:05 am

kicskate wrote:
No, i meant off topic only, some threads can chit chat other things can say until funeral when the topic is about wedding for example...
Can off la, but don off until too far away...
When asked travel alone? then u said abit of travel alone n movie alone, this is acceptable la...
But don when asked travel alone, u tell me today wake up so boring, not yet eat....
Got the point?

LOL..ok ok, got it!
Back to top Go down
ColdRain
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Off Topic, arghhhh (IMPT)   Off Topic, arghhhh (IMPT) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 2:20 pm

the best way is to have moderators actually moderate and remove irrelevant posts so that the future readers might not catch on to the wrong topic and carry on steering the thread towards a totally wrong direction.

I noticed that even when we have a shout box, there is still a relatively high tendency for people to chit chat in threads, be it talking nonsense, bringing personal topics into the threads, buayaing, flirting, etc. Replying to a thread once already, and then replying again to some friend who has posted and then begin chatting about irrelevant topics is really distracting and frustrating especially when i need to click through several pages with only a few useful posts per page -- and is blatant OOT IMO, we already have shout box, PM MSN Facebook, no need to bring idle chatter to the thread, not everyone is interested in reading about affiars between a few people that are totally unrelated to thread topic), however, replying more than once to a topic if you have more relevant ideas to propose is a good idea.

That said, it's really none of my business what you guys want to do. I'm guilty of such OOT acts myself, however, i just want to try and be objective above this, since this issue has been raised a couple of times.
Back to top Go down
funniegal
Veteran
Veteran
funniegal

PostSubject: Re: Off Topic, arghhhh (IMPT)   Off Topic, arghhhh (IMPT) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 2:42 pm

Well, yes the moderators could do that but its a tedious task to go in n monitor. I think we all should just try our best to stick to the thread topic n even if we go out of topic, make sure it goes back to it eventually.

Its normal to go in all directions...whether in a thread or even in personal interaction. The mind is thinking of all sorts of things at one time.

So, we all should just try our best but we shouldn't place such strict rules cos it will eventually lead to conflicts. We're also here to enjoy n relax n even destress.
Back to top Go down
kicskate
Regular
Regular
kicskate

PostSubject: Re: Off Topic, arghhhh (IMPT)   Off Topic, arghhhh (IMPT) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 5:36 pm

Totally agree with Coldrain's views, you speak totally what my mind is thinking...and thks for Fun ji's support.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off Topic, arghhhh (IMPT)   Off Topic, arghhhh (IMPT) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Off Topic, arghhhh (IMPT)
Page 1 of 1